DIY Wire Bunny Place Card Holder
Hello and welcome to Drawn to DIY!
Last week, I shared a Spring cleaning 31-day challenge checklist.
Today, we're getting started with an Easter DIY that's super simple and fun to make.
If you've been hanging out in Pinterest lately, you might have noticed quite a few Easter decor ideas, all of which are so cute and creative. (Yes, it's true, it's already April in a few days!) So since my favorite is the black and white Scandi-inspired ones, I thought to make a similar modern DIY for this occasion, but for place cards, and not using eggs.
Here's all you need:
- black wire
- wire cutter or scissors
01. Make a small circle (approx. 2 inches) with the wire and loop the end on itself to secure.
02. Go over the circle again to make two loops. This forms the base of the bunny.
03. Bend the wire to the center and create another circle vertically (approx. 3 inches). Loop twice to form the bunny's body.
04. Make another circle on top of the body to form the bunny's head (approx. 1.5 inches). Again, loop twice.
05. To make the ears, simply bend the wire into two oblong shapes that meet at the top of the head as shown below. Each ear is approx. 2.5 inches.
06. Loop the wire twice for each ear. Between the two loops is where you'll insert the place card later. Cut the excess wire using wire cutters or you can also use scissors if like me, you're using a relatively bendy kind of wire.
07. Adjust the wire to look a bit more like a bunny. Don't worry too much though because it's really not supposed to look "perfect."
Of course, make as many as you like, depending on how many guests you're having. Then simply insert each place card between the bunny ears and you're all set!
Here are four I made.
Here they are with place cards I lettered.
Here's one up close.
And here's one on a plate.
Feel free to play around with the wire. It's fun and this is really a no-brainer kind of DIY yet very versatile — I'm thinking of making one shaped like a wave or a peace sign to hold some photos on my desk!