DIY Personalized Salad Servers
Hello and welcome to Drawn to DIY!
Last week, I posted a DIY using a sleek black subway tile.
This week, I'm sharing 3 easy and inexpensive wedding gift DIYs.
I have friends who are getting married and I've been thinking of a special gift for the couple. Sure, there's the wedding registry but there's that challenge to stand out among all the gifts the couple will receive on their big day. One way of course is to give something unique and personalized! When in doubt, ask yourself if your gift falls under these categories:
This week, I'll be sharing a DIY for each.
Easy Wedding Gift DIY #1 - Personalized Salad Servers
- Wooden or bamboo salad servers (I got these from Ikea for less than $2 each)
- Wooden letters (small enough to fit the handle of the utensils)
- Strong glue (I used E6000)
- Paint or spray paint
- Clear sealant spray
- Painter's tape (not shown in photo)
- Plastic or foil (not shown in photo)
- Glue a wooden letter on the handle of each utensil. My friends' names are Matt and Roxy so I used letters M and R.
- Once dry, tape half of the handle with plastic to cover the top portion.
- Paint or spray paint the handle in a color you want. I used white so they can easily mix and match with their other kitchenware.
- Once dry, spray clear sealant on the painted area. Don't spray the part that will touch the food for obvious food safety reasons.
- Once dry, remove the painter's tape, plastic or foil.
There you go — an easy wedding gift the couple can use!
See you again tomorrow for Easy Wedding Gift DIY #2 — something for display.