DIY Label Maker Cork Coasters
Hello and welcome to Drawn to DIY!
Last week, I used paint to decorate some file sorters.
Today, I'm using a label maker to add some puns to coasters.
With summer and wedding season fast approaching, I thought to decorate some coasters as super easy gifts for practically anyone who enjoys cold drinks. Although you could, of course, add sweet messages or thoughtful quotes, I chose to instead use some wine puns like these:
- Stop and smell the rosé
- You had me at merlot
- Sip sip hooray
- It's wine o'clock
- Save water, buy wine
- But first, wine
- 6 cork coasters (I cut mine from a cork sheet, measuring 3.5" all around)
- Painter's tape
- White paint
- Paint brush
- Label maker
- Spray sealant
- Optional: felt stickers
- Tape each coaster diagonally.
- Paint one side with white paint to create a color block effect. Leave to dry.
- While waiting, start cranking that label maker with messages you want to use. Feel free to use different texts for each coaster or use the same one for all of them.
- Peel and stick the label maker texts onto the cork coasters. I chose to apply mine in the middle.
- Spray some sealant onto the cork coasters to help make them last longer.
- Optional: stick some felt stickers onto the bottom of the coasters.
These will make great inexpensive personalized gifts for weddings, housewarmings, birthdays, and other special occasions.
Or, you know, you could also keep them for yourself. ;)