DIY Embroidered Holiday Cards
Hello and welcome to Drawn to DIY!
Last week, I shared a free 12-month printable calendar for 2017.
Today, we're getting ready for gift-giving season with embroidered holiday cards.
One way to personalize your gifts is to accompany them with handmade greeting cards. Normally I'd just buy a pack of small tags and call it a day but this year I wanted to get in on the holiday spirit by being more intentional (as I mentioned here).
Then I thought of my first sewing project a few months ago, how much you guys liked it, and perhaps it's about time I share another one. Don't worry, it's even easier than before!
It took me about an hour to complete these four cards but only because I also made 'trees' templates — triangle, striped, diagonal, and zig zag.
For this project, you'll need:
- four free templates from Drawn to DIY
- four poster boards in your chosen color (each with size 5x7 and folded in the middle )
- four white card stock paper (each with size 5x7 and folded in the middle )
- binder clips
- scissors / paper trimmer
- white and green embroidery thread
- double-sided tape
01. Print out and cut the templates provided.
02. Position a printed template on top of the poster board and secure using binder clips.
03. Using the needle, poke holes through the poster board at each of the points and intersections illustrated in the templates.
04. Use the holes as a guide to sew stitches on the card.
05. This is how it should look like from the back of the card.
06. Grab the folded white card stock paper and use double-sided tape to stick it to the inside of the card. This is where you will write your message.
There you go! Didn't I tell you it was easy?
Share below: Which design is your favorite? How will you personalize your gifts this year?
See you again on Thursday for a DIY gift wrapping idea!