Hello and welcome to Drawn to DIY!
Last week, I posted an agate-themed DIY.
Today, I'm sharing a simple way to use your walls to make a statement.
You may have noticed that I generally love all things that can be personalized. I've shared DIYs before for coasters, pillows, and slippers because I believe your home and your things should be just that — yours. They should be a reflection and extension of your style, your mood, or even your thoughts, if you want!
So this week's DIY is no different in a way that you can turn ordinary Sliding Bar Report Covers into reusable and customized wall hangings.
Sliding Bar Report Covers cost less than $5 for a pack of three and are usually found in the office section of a store. Basically, these are thin flexible plastic sheets that you can cut and write on with a permanent marker. If you make a mistake or want to reuse it with another quote, simply erase using a napkin and some rubbing alcohol.
I also chose to use a black marker just so I can show you a basic way to make banners but feel free to use different colors and experiment with your own lettering or other fonts. In case you like mine (thanks!), I've provided free printables you can use.
For this DIY, you'll need:
- Sliding bar report covers (links to materials I used are at the bottom of this post)
- Permanent marker
- Scissors or X-acto knife
- Wooden dowels
- Yarn or string to hang the banner
- One hole-punch
- Washi tape (optional)
- Pompom trim (optional)
- Free statement banner templates from Drawn to DIY
- Print out the provided template or draw your own on a sheet of paper. Use this as a guide to cut out the plastic cover.
- Secure the print and plastic cover on top using some tape. Trace the letters using a permanent marker.
- Punch out some holes from the corners of your banner then decorate using washi tape, pompom trim, tassels, etc.
- Attach a dowel using some yarn or string so you can hang this banner up.
There you have it—your own personalized statement banner!
Materials used (or similar):