Hello and welcome back to Drawn to DIY!
Last Monday, we made embroidered holiday cards to personalize your gifts this year.
Today, we're taking things further by adding photos to your gift wrapping.
There's no doubt that photos can evoke meaningful emotions. From vacations to family gatherings, these keepsakes remind us who we were with, where we were, and even what we were feeling. And while almost everything is in digital form nowadays, there's definitely something to be said about having tangible, printed out souvenirs that you can display around the home or keep in a journal / wallet.
So this year, why not print out and give photos instead of holiday cards?
I made a photo "pocket" template you can use so you can preserve the photos you print out and not get glue or tape at the back. It's as simple as inserting the photo into the "pockets" so the person receiving the gift can easily pull them out.
- Free photo "pocket" template from Drawn to DIY
- white card stock paper
- photos (size depending on your gift box)
01. Print out and cut the photo pocket template.
02. Fold along the inside lines
03. Glue the outer flap to the inner flap.
04. It should look like this. Repeat for how many you need (four corner pockets for each photo).
05. Using your photo as a guide, position and stick each of the four pockets onto your wrapped gift.
06. Add ribbon and / or gift toppers if you wish.
It's pretty simple, right?
You can even suggest to the recipients of your gifts that they stick magnetic tape at the back and post it up on their fridge.
See you again next week for a festive wall display DIY and an exciting announcement / something I've been working on for weeks!