Hello and welcome to Drawn to DIY!
Last week, I shared a minimal motivational print.
Today, I'm using a simple way to decorate some file sorters — with paint!
I was cleaning up my apartment a few days ago and found that I still have these Ikea file sorters made of cardboard. It came in a pack of five and while I covered two of them last year with Con-tact paper, I never really got around to bother with these three others.
So since I also wanted to add a bit of color to my workspace (I always tend to keep it minimal), here we go with a pastel colorblock and black splatter design!
- 3 white file sorters (I got a set of five from Ikea)
- Painter's tape
- Paint brush
- Pastel paint in pink, blue, and green (I used chalk paint but you can use acrylic)
- Black paint
- Assemble the file sorters as directed and tape the 1/3 mark (from the bottom) using painter's tape.
- Paint the bottom of each file sorter in the pastel paints. After two hours, apply a second coating and allow to dry again.
- Gently remove the painter's tape.
- Take the file sorters outside and splatter black paint onto all sides. Allow to dry.
And there you have it. Easy, right?
I chose to paint it only 1/3 of the way since I prefer having a contrast between white and pastel. But feel free to paint the entire thing if that's what you'd like. I also chose chalk paint instead of acrylic so I can easily label (or doodle on) the file sorters when I feel like it. Lol