Hello and happy first day of Spring!
To celebrate the first day of the season, this post is in collaboration with ProductiveandFree.com and dedicated entirely to home organization—
A 31-day challenge to tackle each room or area of the home so we can turn clutter and chaos into order and ultimately, peace of mind.
As Benjamin Franklin so aptly said,
For every minute spent in organizing, an hour is earned.
If you want to follow along and get that sense of accomplishment by checking things off in a checklist, there is a free download for you as well!
Download the free 31 Days of Organization checklist from ProductiveandFree.com here:
Ready? Let's get started!
ENTRYWAY / MUDROOM
1. Shoe Rack / Coat Rack / Mail Sorter
STORAGE ROOM / ATTIC / BASEMENT
2. Seasonal Clothing
3. Seasonal Decor and Gift-wrapping
4. Sports and Outdoor Equipment
5. Broom Closet / Cleaning Materials
6. Clothes Closet / Dresser
7. Linen Closet
8. Bags / Purses / Shoes
9. Collections / Hobby Supplies
11. Medicine Cabinet
12. Toiletries / Storage / Under the sink
13. Make-up / Cosmetics / Jewelry
KITCHEN AND DINING ROOM
17. Utensils / Kitchenware / Glassware
18. Cupboard / Wine Rack / Bar / Bar Cart
19. Important Files and Paperwork
20. Photos and Music
22. Electronics (Apps, Email, and Downloads)
23. Kid's or Kids' Room/s
24. Pet's or Pets' Area
BEDROOM / LIVING ROOM
25. Shelves / Bookcases / Side tables / Coffee tables
26. Books / Magazines / Movies / Games
27. Car/s or Bikes
28. Emergency Kit and Supplies
29. Garden / Patio / Backyard
31. Additional item or room
This day is reserved for anything you have that wasn't included in the list (ex. guest room, swimming pool, or tool shed) or for a previous item that needs more than one day of your attention (ex. sorting email, backing up computer files, sifting through collections, etc.).
Share below: Got any tips for Spring cleaning? Which area of the home is your most organized and least organized?